Khudadad's Knols Headline Animator

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It is unbelievable that how mothers teach identical lessons across the cultures


When I was reading the paragraph from page 20-21 of Ronald Reagan’s autobiography….”An American Life”….I got surprised that the identical lessons were repeated by my mother to sooth us in moments of despair…. It took me in total surprise that…. how mothers think alike across the cultures…….
Reagan writes, “I was raised to believe that God has a plan for everyone and that seemingly random twists of fate are all a part of His plan. My mother – a small woman with auburn hair and a sense of optimism that ran as deep as the cosmos – told me that everything in life happened for a purpose. She said all things were part of God’s Plan, even the most disheartening setbacks, and in the end, everything worked out for the best. If something went wrong, she said, you didn’t let it go you down: You stepped away from it, stepped over it, and move on. Later on, she added, something good will happen and you will find yourself thinking – “If I hadn’t had that problem back then, then this better thing that did happen wouldn’t have happened to me.”
 After I lost job at Montgomery Ward, I left home again in search of work. Although I didn’t know it then, I was beginning a journey that would take me a long way from Dixon and fulfill all my dreams and then some.
My mother, as usual, was right”…………………….

I endorse this paragraph by my own experience….when I applied for Army… I was declined because of my height…. I was broken at that time…. But now when I look back and think…if I had the proper height…I wouldn’t be able to follow some of dreams that are now I am following…. Mothers are always right :)

No comments:

Post a Comment