Khudadad's Knols Headline Animator

Thursday, July 28, 2011

An open question…..who loses?



Existentialism….was a movement against traditional philosophy…that were/are more focused on the ideas and concepts that are belonging to the questions…not directly related to human itself….but to aesthetics, ethics, logic, epistemology and metaphysical puzzles….. Existentialism was stressing on understanding the human itself..its emotions, dreams, feelings and behaviors….. As Spiritualism, Psychology and literature were already struggling with the same issues….so existentialism was an effort to enter philosophy as rivals of these fields that were already battling on the ground….. Here, I do not intend to compare the roles and contributions of these rival fields…but instead just wanted to give a brief overview to make you feel…the importance of the question that I am going to present here….and also how much it is important to the rival fields…………
Everyone passes through a time when reality is not very clear to him and he studies attentively with great zeal the methodologies of different fields in uncovering the realities….Certainly, I have passed through the same stage…. I was trying to talk with all sorts of intellectual people who had already passed through such stages….. After my absence of more than two years…we had a reunion gathering…..we talked on different issues…and then one of the friends....suggested a logical answer to one of the metaphysical question…. I thought…..people would have different reactions…and some of the reactions might be very interesting…. So here is his open question,
He said,
……I had a conversation with an atheist… I said…..Of course, we both ……don’t know about the life after death….. You believe that there is no judgment day….and everything finishes by one’s death…. OK, let’s begin with existing world…we both live the same sort of life…I eat what you eat…I breathe the same air as you breathe in…. In short, I enjoy all those earthly things…as you enjoy…The only difference is that…I believe that all these are the blessing of God and you don’t believe so…..Now, being equal in this world….if we die…..there are two possibilities….
1.  No judgment day; In this case we both be equal as everything will finish by our death…so I wouldn’t lose anything by having a belief system….
2.  Judgment day really exists; In that case, I would benefit from my belief system…what would you do then?
This logic worth to be pondered upon….so I have posted it as an open question….  

No comments:

Post a Comment